Good morning, friends! I hope y’all had a great Labor Day!
I have a fun little bit that I get to share with you all today about the Influence Conference this October. And if you’re not super familiar with the conference or what it’s about, here’s a pretty short and sweet explanation:
If you’ve ever wondered how or why the Lord was going to use you in your home, work, community, or online – Influence is a fantastic place to connect and learn. We believe that God has given you influence right where you are, for one purpose: to make much of Him. At Influence we’re going to dig into the common thread of all of us – the Good News. We plan on doing a little teaching, talking, sharing, and celebrating concerning the ways He might want to use you on the individual platforms He’s given.
Sounds awesome, right? Who doesn’t want to learn how to be used by God right where they are?
But, if you’re anything like me, going to conferences is scary stuff. Yes, I write/talk (a lot) on the inter webs and I’m very comfortable here. But I’m actually a great big introvert. I get nervous in groups of people. I like to be at home, alone in my jammies. I’m a homebody and going to conference and meeting a bunch of new people is super intimidating and waaaay out of my comfort zone.
I skipped Blissdom last year and it was in my town because I was too nervy. I know, I need to buck up.
So, if you’re nervous, I get it. Believe me.
But, this is the first conference that I’ve really felt that I need to go to. When it first came up and I was asked to be a community leader I actually said no. I didn’t have the money to spend, I didn’t want to take the time away from my family, and I knew I’d have to find a roommate and that sort of thing. I just couldn’t do it.
But God said yes. I really felt that He wanted me there. So I’m going and I’m really glad.
Okay, that was a lot of background to get around to the fun stuff. Some of the other community leaders and I had a fun idea for making the nervous, meeting-new-people thing a little less scary. So, today (and throughout the week), we’re hosting a Pre-Conference Meet + Greet the only way we know how: on our blogs!
It’s for any of y’all that have a ticket and are planning to attend the Influence Conference.
Here’s how it works:
1. Write a quick blog post answering with the following prompts:
- 3 get-to-know-me things
- 2 things I’m looking forward to about the conference
- 1 thing I can’t leave home without
2. Link up below with an image of you and a link to your post.
3. Visit the link of the person before you (and more girls, too, if you like!), and leave a comment introducing yourself.
I’ll go first…
3 get-to-know-me things:
1. I live just outside of Nashville and I love the Southern culture, but I really have no interest in music. But seriously, guitars offend me.
2. I had a nose ring for 8 weeks this Spring. Funny story, actually. Oh, and video footage of the piercing itself. Eesh.
3. I’ve been blogging for almost 4 1/2 years, though I never actually meant to blog for anyone but my family.
2 things I’m looking forward to about the conference:
1. the stripes party!!! (seriously, pack stripes – there’s a party one evening and the only attire suggestion is STRIPES!)
2. meeting lots of people I only know from behind a screen – turning my bloggy friends into IRL buddies!
1 thing I can’t leave home without:
1. twizzlers and comfy pants (okay, that’s two. but they’re important!)
And if you haven’t bought a ticket yet, there are still a few available!! (Have I mentioned that the hosts worked a deal with Madewell to have a styling session workshop one night? Just saying.)
Oh – and I think we’re going to have a #SheReadsTruth meet-up that weekend, too! Yessss…