Starting to get a little nostalgic today about being pregnant, so I thought I’d put together a quick list:
The 10 Best Things About Being Pregnant:
- Auto-feedings via that lovely umbilical cord. Even in the middle of the night, Hazel is fed while I sleep!
- Although I look forward to hearing that sweet cry for the first time, right now I can enjoy these last few days of quiet. Everyone here is reasonable and consolable (well, for the most part – Ryan might tell you differently, I do have my low moments…)
- Among the best doggone feelings in the whole world is the feeling of your baby moving inside of you. It’s wonderful. And, when it’s over, it’s one of the things I miss the most about pregnancy.
- I always have a handy platform to set my cup or cereal bowl. I even enjoyed a hands-free milkshake the other day courtesy of my great big tum. That is, until Hazel decided it was cramping her style and kicked it off. It’s even a great place to set your razor while you’re in the shower!
- I can work in my sewing room pretty freely now, with Oliver happily playing knights or working puzzles on the floor. I guess just the general freedom of being the parent of an independent, potty-trained 3-year-old is nice. Once a new baby joins us, the dynamic will be much different.
- You never have to worry about getting a seat while waiting to eat at a restaurant or if the church service is full. Folks take one look at you and give you their seat with a grin (or is that a look of pity? Hard to tell…)
- The dreaming and all the possibilities. I know that sounds sort of cheesy, but a new baby on the way is such a fun time for imagining!
- When sleep can be accomplished (and it can’t always…), it’s yours for the taking. There’s no one waking me up or needing me right now.
- Picking out names (Ry’s favorite!)
- The look of panic on peoples’ faces when they ask you when you’re due and you say, “Yesterday”.
That’s all I’ve got for now! What are your favorite things about being pregnant?
What do you look forward to? What do you miss?